This edition is known as Expo Organic North East or Expo ONE in recognition of the potential of organic farming in the country’s North Eastern region to connect farmers with consumers and to support the development of the entire value chain for the promotion of organic products globally. The first Expo on Organic North East is goingto take place from February 3rd to 5th, 2023; an immersive experience into the world of organic fruits and vegetables hosted by the Department of Agriculture, Govt. of Assam and organised by the Sikkim State Cooperative Supply and Marketing Federation Ltd (SIMFED) at Guwahati, Assam.
India has seen significant growth in export of organic products, and we are also Asia’s second-largest exporter of organic products. Oilseeds, sugarcane, cereals and millets, cotton, pulses, medicinal plants, tea, fruits, and spices are the most popular organic products in India. In recent years, India has seen total exports of 460320.40 MT valued at more than 5000 Cr INR or $770 Million.
Expo ONE is a high-quality exhibition from leading companies in naturals, organics, and exports, as well as agribusinesses. Moreover, The event will also host B2B meetings, B2C events, international and domestic buyer delegations, International Conference, Farmers’ Workshop, and government/department pavilions.
Major Highlights of the event:
Highlights of Event:
- Exhibition: Over 160 organic and natural brand stalls will display a wide range of organic food and non-food products. Fair includes exporters, retailers, Farmer Producer groups, organic input manufacturers, government agencies, and others.
- Pavilions of States: Pavilions of the Central & State Governments will provide farmer groups with various government schemes and marketing assistance.
- Pavilions of Certification Agencies: They will assist farmer groups with third-party or PGS certification, fair trade, and sustainability standards.
- Pavilion of Industries: Opportunity to promote businesses through companies in food processing, packaging, testing laboratories, equipment, new technologies, and startups.
- Buyer-Seller Meetings: Buyer-seller meetings, an essential component of the Fair, bring together international and domestic buyers (including exporters, wholesalers, and retailers) with suppliers and farmer groups/FPOs to conduct actual business. B2B meetings will meet the needs of both buyers and sellers. A dedicated Buyer Seller lounge to be present at the venue.
- Conference: Top exporters from India and around the world are invited for this. More than 100 delegates from various sectors attended, including farmers, traders/exporters, researchers, non-governmental organisations, and state and central governments.
- Farmers’ Workshop: Farmers from across the state and country are attending special workshop sessions. These classes will be held in Assamese, English, and Hindi. These organic production sessions will be led by experts.
Most importantly, this is consistent with our honourable Prime Minister’s vision of doubling income through promotion of organic farming in the country. Likewise, The establishment of remunerative prices for agricultural produce, as well as the adoption of sustainable technologies. The scheme aims to reduce cultivation costs, increase income, ensure resource conservation, safe and healthy soils, environment, water and food.
SIMFED has taken an active role in promoting organic farming. Above all, It is actively pursuing and promoting organic farming in over 18 Indian states. As the world’s first 100% organic state, as a result, Sikkim has been at the forefront of Organic Agriculture in India. Most importantly, With the active participation and efforts of the Department of Agriculture, Government of Assam, this event aims to provide a global platform for North Eastern farmers and producers to showcase the best of North East under one roof.
Join the team for the first ever expo for Organic & Naturals at Guwahati, Assam.
Location: College of Veterinary Sciences Playground, Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam
Date: 3rd to 5th February
Connect on FB for live updates: www.facebook.com/expo.organic